[Libs-Or] Using PC Reservation to manage reservations for specific workstations, areas of the library, etc.

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney kbrodbeck-kenney at lincolncity.org
Thu Sep 3 13:57:08 PDT 2015

We're making some changes to how we do PC reservations, and I'm hoping someone with some familiarity with Envisionware's PC Res might be able to help out.

We have one special accessible workstation that has an adjustable desk, etc. for folks in wheelchairs. Currently, people sign up for a computer session by just going to an open computer and starting a session with their library card, which makes managing this workstation very easy; if it's in use, the person who needs to use it just waits.

However, we'd like to switch to using self-serve reservations, in order to allow patrons to extend their time if no one is waiting. We'd want people to be able to specifically reserve the accessible workstation, though, and from reading threads on the Envisionware forums it sounds like there's not a way for them to reserve a specific workstation from the self-serve station.

Has anyone dealt with this? How? Is there a way to set up a self-serve station that lets people select between different "sections" of the library, so we could make that computer its own "section," perhaps?

Kirsten Brodbeck-Kenney, MLIS
Library Director
Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101, #201