[Libs-Or] Public Wifi

David Brown greenlionrampant at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:56:59 PDT 2015

Have you considered creating a list of sites you wish to block through your
firewall with an implicit deny? This is often used for blocking Facebook in
an office setting, but you could do this for other destinations. For more
on this I would look into ways of blocking FDQN (Fully Qualified Domain
Names). This might be the easiest without getting into a lot of
conversations with your providers. Creating a user agreement page
would also be a good place to start as a step towards removing yourself
(the library) from some culpability. Definitely step away from anyone who
might be referring to your users in derogatory fashions. We don't judge,
but we do want to keep it legal.

David Adkins-Brown
adkinsbr at usc.edu
greenlionrampant at gmail.com

"As my dear departed friend Lotus Weinstock used to say: "I used to wanna
change the world. Now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity." "
- Justin Bond