[Libs-Or] Libs-Or Moderator - Catching Many Posts

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Mon Sep 28 14:37:15 PDT 2015

Hello Libs-Or Subscribers,

I serve as the list owner/admin for Libs-Or and of late, I've been catching a *lot* of intercepted messages to Libs-OR.

The messages require admin approval to post since they are originating from non-subscribed email addresses.   In order to avoid "spam" postings, our 'mailman' mailing list software requires posting from the exact subscribed address.  A lot of times a change, even a slight change, in an email address is completely unnoticed by the subscriber as mail delivery continues without a hitch.

We can catch a number of these intercepted posts and pass them along.  It is possible, I could miss a message.
The other issue is with respect to timeliness.  I may not be able to forward a post immediately particularly,  if someone posts over the weekend and I do not notice the held post until Monday.

>From here on out, I will send a message back to you about any held messages and will include the email address our system is receiving the message from.  You can then unsubscribe from the old address and re-subscribe.

You may be able to correct your subscription address yourself and if needed, I can provide you with your subscribed address.

What to Do?

2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and look for:

[cid:image001.png at 01D0F9F9.73A46170]
3) You will be taken to a personalized page, where you can change the subscription address of OSL-hosted lists you are subscribed to.

[cid:image002.png at 01D0F9FB.2B17EC40]

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Regards,
-Jerry
Jerry Curry
Reference Librarian
Oregon State Library
Salem, OR

jerry.w.curry at state.or.us<mailto:jerry.w.curry at state.or.us>
503-378-5008

Check out our databases & resources or
request a presentation to your work group.
http://library.state.or.us