[Libs-Or] Seeking Reviewers at OLA Annual for the New OLA Resume/Cover Letter Review Program

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Fri Apr 1 10:21:58 PDT 2016

The OLA Resume & Cover Letter Review Program is designed to provide
guidance for OLA Members seeking positions within libraries and/or the
information field. Resume review is intended to be a short-term partnership
focused on providing feedback to the OLA Member seeking review. For those
seeking a longer-term supportive relationship, the OLA Mentoring Program
<http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program> is open to all early-career library
staff.

Volunteer reviewers will evaluate the applicant’s resume and representative
cover letter and provide advice on these documents.  In addition, the
reviewer can assess any possible experiences or skills that might the
applicant more marketable for a desired position.

While this program is usually virtual, for the Spring quarter, review
sessions will be made only in-person at the Oregon Library Association
Conference <https://orlib16.wordpress.com/>.

I’d like to help!  How do I sign up?

Here’s what we’re looking for in a volunteer resume reviewer:

Required:

   -

   OLA Membership;
   -

   Attending OLA Annual;
   -

   Ability to provide feedback to the OLA Member seeking review;
   -

   Complete the Volunteer Form for Resume Reviewers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gXiXVBbb-05y3qTOM92MEmFPmJy2gsaCUMYG30zrqD0/viewform?usp=send_form>
   and select the time slot(s) that work for you to review a resume during the
   conference.

Preferred:

   -

   Recent experience on hiring and/or interview panels;
   -

   Currently in a position which often reviews candidate applications, such
   as a management position.

I would love advice on my cover letter and resume!  How do I sign up?

We’ll be sending news about this via LIBS-OR soon. You’ll be able to
sign-up for a time slot that works for you in just a few super-easy steps!
If you don’t subscribe to LIBS-OR, just fill out the Resume Review Program
inquiry form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QdkZqa8xNNSlmi16uJqAbrsZAiJJ7RGp9eFxTHold7o/viewform?usp=send_form>
and let us know and we can email you when review-seeker sign-ups are open.

Here is the eligibility criteria for those seeking review:

Required:

   -

   OLA membership;
   -

   Ability to receive feedback from the OLA Member providing review.

Preferred:

   -

   Emerging information professional;
   -

   Recent MLIS graduate or currently enrolled in MLIS program.

What if I have questions? Problems?

You can use the Resume Review Program inquiry form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QdkZqa8xNNSlmi16uJqAbrsZAiJJ7RGp9eFxTHold7o/viewform?usp=send_form>
to contact Resume Review Program administrators.

Best wishes,

Meredith Farkas for the Membership Committee

Jenkins Lumpkin for the New Member Round Table