[Libs-Or] "Fund Me" Study Abroad

Bridges, Laurie laurie.bridges at oregonstate.edu
Fri Apr 15 11:13:22 PDT 2016

Hello!

This summer Kelly McElroy and I, both at OSU, will lead a librarian-led study abroad course for undergraduate students. Our three-credit class is titled “INTL299: Information and Global Social Justice: Barcelona” and will take a small group of students, from first-years to graduating seniors, to Barcelona for two weeks to learn about and research social justice issues in an international and cross-cultural context.

Only one of our students has traveled overseas before, and four are first-generation US citizens. Several of the students have set up “Fund Me” sites, please consider contributing to their study abroad experience! Links to the student fundraising pages are available at http://studybarcelona.weebly.com/, along with more information about the course. We welcome your questions and feedback as we embark on this adventure!

Laurie Bridges & Kelly McElroy