[Libs-Or] Moving a Collection

Terry Mackey terrym at clackamas.edu
Mon Apr 18 10:30:52 PDT 2016

Hi Ann,

Clackamas Community College has moved the whole collection to install new carpet a couple times. The first time we did it the way you described: one book at a time. The second time we contracted with a company that rents hoists for the shelving units. The hoists lift the whole shelving unit, books and all, and then it’s like the shelving unit is on wheels. You move all the shelving units to one side of the building, lay the carpet on the other side, and then reverse the process. There’s usually an advertisement in American Libraries for the services.

Good luck, Terry

Terry Mackey
Collection Management
Clackamas Community College Library