[Libs-Or] Deadline extended - Call for proposals - Northwest IR User Group Meeting (July 12, 2016)
kspring at linfield.edu
Mon Apr 18 15:51:40 PDT 2016
The organizing committee for the Northwest IR User Group invites proposals for the upcoming meeting, to be held July 12, 2016 at Portland State University Library, Portland Oregon. The deadline for proposals has been extended to Monday, May 2nd.
The conference is free and lunch will be provided.
We're seeking 20-minute presentations (informational or practical) and 5-minute lightning talks. Possible topics include:
* Copyright (what does a manager need to know, especially with regard to student work) and intellectual property
* Publishers, versioning, and author rights
* Toolkit for managers – how to handle changes in scholarly communication
* ORCID integration
* Integration with Primo/Orbis Cascade Alliance initiatives
* Data services (how do you leverage data coming out of your IR to fulfill reporting requirements, etc.)
* Integrations with other systems (e.g. Faculty 180 (for performance reviews), Shared Shelf) or migration from other systems
* Assessment/analytics, esp. for showing impact
* Student scholarship
* Open Educational Resources (OERs)
* Journal publishing
* IRs and the university press
Proposals can focus on any topic relevant to Digital Commons or other repository platforms (DSpace, Islandora, OJS, CONTENTdm, etc.). Proposals will be reviewed for the strength of their content, interest, authority, and relevance.
To submit a proposal, please visit the meeting's site, http://pdxscholar.library.pdx.edu/nwirug/. Submissions should include speaker(s) name, title(s) and institutional affiliation(s); type of program, program title, and a brief abstract.
Feel free to forward this call to any interested colleagues.
DigitalCommons Coordinator/Assistant Professor
Jereld R. Nicholson Library
digitalcommons at linfield.edu<mailto:digitalcommons at linfield.edu>
Office hours: Sunday-Thursday
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or