[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Koha Trainer/Support Team Member at ByWater Solutions

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Mon Dec 5 11:42:31 PST 2016

ByWater Solutions is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter
​
Training and Support team member who knows how to nail a reference
interview!

The ByWater Solutions team is made up of a small and close knit group of
librarians, book lovers, technology and data geeks, photographers, Tolkien
fans, space nerds, knitters, marathon runners, animal lovers, and most
importantly, library lovers and open source fanatics.

We are looking for someone who can deliver a comprehensive training
experience to new ByWater library partners in a new and exciting way
without lecturing.  Someone who is flexible and can “roll with it” (think
internet crashing in the middle of your training or system down right after
StoryTime lets out).  Someone who has an arsenal of change management
skills in their pocket.  Someone who can get to the heart of the question
by using your mad reference interview skills.  The successful candidate
will also be providing ongoing support of Koha to libraries through
troubleshooting and analyzing workflow issues and possible solutions. This
position requires an outgoing, confident individual with excellent verbal
and written communication skills.

If you enjoy a fast paced environment and can provide excellent service to
our library partners, we want you to join our team.

We do require some skills (don’t worry we’ll keep the list short) in no
particular order:

   -

   Knowledge of the inner workings and policies of libraries.  Have you
   worked in various types of libraries ranging from public to academic,
   special to corporate, paper and pencil to virtual? Koha knowledge and an
   MLS is a plus.
   -

   Self directed and are able to effectively work from home and manage your
   time and responsibilities (webinars, tickets, phone calls etc).
   -

   Can travel 60% of the time.
   -

   Comfortable communicating on the phone, in person, on video, and in
   email in a friendly and helpful way.
   -

   Great organizational skills to balance trainings, tickets, webinars and
   calls.

Please send your resume and a cover letter where you briefly describe how
you inspire others to learn to Melissa Lefebvre (
melissa at bywatersolutions.com).

About ByWater Solutions: http://bywatersolutions.com

Job Location: Anywhere/telecommute

Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience

ByWater Solutions offers performance bonuses, 401k, medical, telecommuting,
great pay, on the job skills training and working with a talented group of
team members.

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Office: Portland, OR - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com