[Libs-Or] Intellectual Freedom Champion Award 2017 – Nominations Open

Krista Reynolds kmreynolds at cu-portland.edu
Wed Dec 7 10:57:23 PST 2016

[cid:image001.png at 01D25078.204DC170]
Intellectual Freedom Champion Award 2017 – Nominations Open
Do you know an Intellectual Freedom Champion?  Intellectual Freedom Champions can be in any type of library or they might not work in a library at all.  IF Champions stand up for the principles of intellectual freedom and help to protect our rights to read and research, help preserve our access to information and maintain our privacy.  The award is given in recognition of the contribution made by an individual or institution that has actively promoted or defended intellectual freedom in Oregon.
The Intellectual Freedom Committee of the Oregon Library Association is now accepting nominations for the next IF Champion Award to be presented to the winning nominee at the April 2017 OLA Conference in Salem.  Nominations are due no later than Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
The nomination form is attached.  For more information, visit the Intellectual Freedom Committee IF Champion web page<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=491:intellectual-freedom-champion-award&catid=20:site-content>.  If you have questions about the award or nominations, please contact Krista Reynolds<mailto:kmreynolds at cu-portland.edu> or Ross Betzer<mailto:rossbk at multcolib.org>, co-chairs of the OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee.
Thank you!
Krista & Ross

Krista Reynolds, MLIS, M.Ed.
Head of Library Reference and Instruction
Concordia University
t 503-493-6246   f 503-280-8697
2811 NE Holman Street   Portland, OR 97211
www.cu-portland.edu<http://www.cu-portland.edu/>

[GRWLLC Email Header_091208 (2)]