[Libs-Or] FW: REFORMA Oregon Chapter meeting @ Corvallis

Martín Blasco MartinB at wccls.org
Wed Feb 10 16:25:13 PST 2016

Hola a tod at s:

Just one week for our next meeting. We need your presence!

Attached you’ll find the agenda the meeting in Corvallis (The Valley Library –OSU campus- , 210 SW Waldo Place; Sat., Feb. 20), and the minutes from our meeting in Redmond.
As I mentioned in my last email, the presenter that we had for this meeting cannot make it because of personal reasons. This is going to give us more time to focus in our next steps, and as usual we’ll share experiences and concerns related to our work.

One of the points in the agenda is the formation of committees.  This does not mean that we have to work more, it’s just sharing the work and the responsibilities for our chapter to be successful.
An example is a committee to work in the Mock Pura Belpré Award. Thanks to the support of the Children Services Division of OLA, the first mock award was launched in December. Because of the positive outcome of this program and the significant number of librarians who attended the event, REFORMA Oregon will take the baton.  I really enjoyed collaborating with librarians from all over the state and I would like to keep doing this (by the way, Oregon was the only state which organized a Mock Pura Belpré Awards last year). It’s not much work, we only need your enthusiasm.
In the meeting we’ll discuss the responsibilities and the the need of these committees.

Our chapter has demonstrated the quality of our work and we have received plenty of positive feedback to the point of being invited to be part of OLA as a round table. We all are doing a great job.

Please, let me know if you are coming so I can arrange logistics. If you cannot attend the meeting, we can arrange virtual participation. Again, let me know if you’re attending.
I’m looking forward to see you there!
Nos vemos,

Martín

Martín Blasco
Outreach Librarian for Latino and Youth Services Program
Washington County Cooperative Library Services | 503-681-5093
martinb at wccls.org<mailto:martinb at wccls.org> | facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls<http://www.facebook.org/bibliotecaswccls>
President, REFORMA Oregon Chapter

"Ordenar bibliotecas es ejercer de un modo silencioso el arte de la crítica".
“To sort libraries is, in a silent way, to exercise the art of criticism.”
Jorge Luis Borges