[Libs-Or] Dealing with downloaders

David Brown greenlionrampant at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 17:33:05 PST 2016

I would like to know how anyone else knows the individual in question (IIQ)
was making recordings. It is quite possible  the IIQ was using the computer
to listen to a variety of audio recordings,The fact is we can't stop these
acts, but I do know some publishers build in glitches if a copy is made or
there is an attempt to transfer or distribute.

As the manager or director of a library it might be best to create a small
sticker for each case that informs on copyright law. At least then you have
done your part in educating the public.

A quick search on this subject shows this is a topic of interest with
users. Take a look at this:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1148201-legality-of-keeping-audiobook-copies-from-library

David Adkins-Brown
adkinsbr at usc.edu
greenlionrampant at gmail.com

"As my dear departed friend Lotus Weinstock used to say: "I used to wanna
change the world. Now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity." "
- Justin Bond