[Libs-Or] Passport Program Update

John Hunter John.Hunter at ci.woodburn.or.us
Tue Jan 12 14:50:04 PST 2016

Hello,

I wanted to make sure everyone knows that the Oregon Library Passport program was made permanent by the OLA board at its December 4, 2015 meeting. OLP was originally approved as a three-year pilot project, but it has proven to be a big success with minimal downside reported. For 2014, the OLP participating libraries reported 2,216 registered patrons who borrowed 92,326 items.

All of the program information, including the Statement of Shared Understanding, has been updated to reflect OLP’s new ongoing status. If you feel that the powers in your jurisdiction will want to do an updated authorization, use the new SSU at the http://librariesoforegon.org/passport page and submit it to Ed Gallagher as before.

Also, we will be collecting data for our 2015 report very soon, so please consider the steps required to gather it.

Thanks for your ongoing participation in the Oregon Library Passport program.

Cheers,

John Hunter, MLIS
Library Manager ◦ Woodburn Public Library

503-982-5259 Office ◦ 503-982-5258 Fax ◦ http://woodburnlibrary.org<http://woodburnlibrary.org/>
280 Garfield Street ◦ Woodburn, OR 97071