[Libs-Or] Free Webinar 7/27 - Cultivating a Library Technoculture (TechSoup)

Crystal Schimpf crystal at kixal.com
Thu Jul 14 12:34:54 PDT 2016

Please join us for this free webinar to learn how to bring a culture of
technology to your library to support changes to service models:

*Cultivating a Library Technoculture: We are Tech Workers! *
Wed, July 27, 2016, 11:00am-12:00pm PDT
Registration link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/689bmq6k8mhz&eom

Markham is Canada’s “High-Tech Capital,” housing 900 high-tech companies
and their employees. In response, Markham Public Library (Ontario, Canada)
began hosting maker and coding events, launched a digital media lab, and
purchased 3D printers. When skill gaps in our workforce thwarted efforts to
engage staff with new services, we embarked on a culture-shifting journey
to develop a deep understanding and appreciation for technology. Come hear
about our Staff Tech Conference, TEDxMarkhamPublicLibrary, Digital Artist
in Residence program, and more!

Come to this free webinar to learn from Markham Public Library Managers Pam
Saliba and Andrea Cecchetto. They will help you gain a better understanding
of the importance of linking company culture to large-scale service model
changes. Learn to better prepare for challenges that might be encountered
while cultivating your library's technoculture, based on the actual
challenges encountered by Markham Public Library staff. Walk away with best
practices and tips from Markham Public Library's experience, which can be
applied to your own organizational change initiatives regarding technology.

This webinar will be recorded and archived on the TechSoup for Libraries
website. Please register for this webinar to receive an email notification
when the archive is available. Email questions to
cschimpf at techsoupglobal.org

Register for this webinar here: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/689bmq6k8mhz&eom
Crystal Schimpf
Webinar Producer