[Libs-Or] Paid Internship Announcement: Cataloging - Ankrom Moisan Architects

Erica Buss EricaB at ankrommoisan.com
Mon Jul 18 13:26:00 PDT 2016

ANKROM MOISAN ARCHITECTS is a dynamic award-winning design firm providing Architecture, Interiors, Urban Design, and Branding and Identity Strategy services to our clients. As a global leader in mixed-use design and multi-family housing, we create everything from micro-units to luxury condominiums, as well as student, senior, and affordable housing. Our growing hospitality, workplace, and healthcare sectors round out our portfolio.

At AMA we make it our mission to create places where People and Communities Thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but in the way we work with one another. Our teams work collaboratively to inspire future growth both as an individual and as a firm.
We are currently seeking a library intern in our Portland, OR office to help catalog books, serials, digital resources, and architectural samples. This is a paid internship with no benefits.

The ideal intern is innovative, flexible, interested in special libraries, detail-oriented, able to work independently and as part of a team, and has previous intern or professional experience.

Primary Responsibilities:

  *   The library intern will assist with cataloging books, serials, digital resources, and objects using Library World ILS.

  *   Assists with developing a classification scheme and processing materials
  *   Assist with other library projects as assigned

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:

  *   Familiarity with cataloging standards required
  *   Experience in special libraries preferred
  *   Candidate must be self-motivated, results driven, and detail oriented.
  *   Outstanding communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
  *   Ability to follow oral and written instructions
  *   Ability to work in a team environment and be flexible in taking on various projects
Pay is $15 per hour. No benefits. Duration: Three months.
Flexible schedule-Monday-Friday.

How to apply:

Send resume and cover letter to ericab at ankrommoisan.com<mailto:ericab at ankrommoisan.com>. Deadline is Friday, July 29th at 5:00 pm.