[Libs-Or] (no subject)

Ted Smith t.smith at newportlibrary.org
Thu Jul 21 14:35:24 PDT 2016

I'm having a hard time writing this e-mail because this patron's request is so off the wall, but in the spirit of investigating, at least  ....   Has anyone heard of people having "electronic" disabilities.  We have a patron who will not walk through our RFID gates because she says the "electronic" waves are dangerous.  Her most recent request is to segregate at least one internet terminal, so that she does not have to sit next to people who possess cell phones.  They give her a headache.  I have yet to tell her that our entire building is wi-fi enabled and that there is  public utility transformer that hangs just outside our building, or that there are millions of little electric gremlins going through our bodies every day courtesy of the sun.

To be honest, she's giving me a headache.  I've searched and searched, but have found no reference to a credible "electronic" disability.  Any ideas.

Ted Smith, Director
Newport Public Library
Newport, OR 97365
541.574.0600