[Libs-Or] SuperQuest training (computer science training)

Josie Hanneman josieh at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Jul 21 15:25:07 PDT 2016

Hi Oregon libraries,

I wanted to pass along some information. I went to a SuperQuest training here in Central Oregon last week and learned how to do basic block coding to make apps (using MIT's App Inventor). It was a well done course and I plan on using it for fall teen programming. They have upcoming trainings throughout the state with a variety of topics. And did I mention: it's free! It's marketed towards teachers, but we library folk were welcomed with open arms. Here's a link<http://oregoncsta.org/superquest/> with more information. The upcoming trainings are in Newport, Eugene, and White City (Southern Oregon). They'll also have another round next summer if you missed the one in your community this year.

Happy summer,
Josie

Josie Hanneman
Community Librarian