[Libs-Or] Birthingway College of Midwifery Seeking Head Librarian

Claire Hoffman claire at birthingway.edu
Wed Jun 1 12:35:46 PDT 2016

*TITLE: *Head Librarian

*INSTITUTION: *Birthingway College of Midwifery, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
private college

*WEBSITE:* birthingway.edu

*HOURS: *32-40 hours per week (negotiable)

*COMPENSATION: *$18-$22 per hour, DOE

*BENEFITS: *Health Insurance, Tuition Waiver, Paid Time Off

*LOCATION: *Outer SE Portland

Birthingway College of Midwifery is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit college that
seeks to set the standard for educating excellent practitioners of the
midwifery arts and sciences. We’ve been educating birth and lactation
professionals for over twenty years, with programs in midwifery, lactation
consultation, labor doula, postpartum doula, and childbirth education.

We are looking for someone to work full time as our head librarian. In
addition to managing the day-to-day operations of Birthingway’s
library (including
circulation, reference, and cataloging), we are hoping to find someone who
is willing to devote energy to making our library more of a community hub. We
have many wonderful resources, and we want to share them! A masters degree
in Library or Information Sciences from an ALA accredited institution is
required.

We also want to be open about the fact that the person who steps into this
position will be doing so during a time of transition. We will be making
two library moves in the next year—a temporary consolidation move, followed
by a move to a new campus a few months later. While this will make the
on-boarding process more challenging in the short term, this is a great
opportunity for someone excited about the prospect of taking ownership over
creating a new library space.

At Birthingway, we honor the unique experience, knowledge, and skills of
each member of our community, and foster a work environment committed to
diversity, multi-vocal decision-making, and compassionate
communication. Benefits
include health insurance, tuition waivers, and four weeks of PTO per year
to meet our employee’s needs for work/life balance.

Please click here <http://birthingway.edu/library/> for more information
about Birthingway’s library.

*HOW TO APPLY: *Please read the complete job description here
<http://birthingway.edu/hiring-head-librarian/> and email your cover letter
and resume as PDF attachments to jobs at birthingway.edu. Your email must have
the subject “Applicant for Head Librarian.” In your cover letter, please
address what drew you to this posting, why you think Birthingway is a good
fit for you, and what makes you a good match for this position.

*Applications must be submitted no later than 11:00pm on Wednesday, June 8.
*We plan to start interviewing candidates the week of June 13 and are hoping
to find someone who can start prior to the end of June.

Please contact Claire at jobs at birthingway.edu if you have any questions!

*Birthingway does not discriminate on the basis of **sex, **gender
identity, race, color, marital status, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, **disability, or **socioeconomic status** in employment
decisions, admissions or other college activities.*

Thank you,

Claire Hoffman
Assistant to the President
Birthingway College of Midwifery