[Libs-Or] Good News about Answerland

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu Jun 30 09:52:25 PDT 2016

You may remember my e-mail last week about difficult contract negotiations with OCLC for Answerland software. We have good news today, the Answerland contract with OCLC is being signed! Tamara Ottum, the Answerland coordinator, will be contacting partner libraries next week with details about implementation and training.

I would like to thank everyone who helped us with this project, it was a long and sometimes difficult process but I am looking forward to our next chapter.

I would especially like to thank Multnomah County Library and especially Cindy Gibbons for allowing us to work through so many issues while they continued to host the service long after they agreed to.

And thanks to Tamara Ottum, the Answerland coordinator, who had no idea what she was getting herself into when she accepted her job at the State Library in October. She has done an amazing job, been a trooper and I can't wait to see what comes next.

MaryKay