[Libs-Or] Library square footage

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Mar 21 08:59:24 PDT 2016

Hi Sara,

Leah’s advice is great! You can find out the square feet of other Oregon libraries via the Public Library Statistics which you can download here<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/statsploregon.aspx>. After you download the spreadsheet and open it, you’ll find the information about square feet at the end of the spreadsheet in columns DF-DH.

You might also want to check out one of these book via interlibrary loan from the State Library:

[http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sz6S3bTMBEE/UWR7g2zJ3UI/AAAAAAAAAN4/jUw-8auCh2Y/s200/BuildingBlocks3rdEd.gif]<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sz6S3bTMBEE/UWR7g2zJ3UI/AAAAAAAAAN4/jUw-8auCh2Y/s1600/BuildingBlocks3rdEd.gif>
Library Administration & Management Association. (2011) Building Blocks for Planning Functional Library Space 3rd Ed. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press. 978-0-8108-8104-4. (This volume outlines the measures of space needed for the use of equipment and furniture within a library setting.)

[https://www.alastore.ala.org/images/sannwald6ED_300.jpg]
Sannwald, William W. Checklist of Library Building Design Considerations. 6th edition. ALA Editions, 2016. ISBN: 978-0-8389-1371-0 (this can be used to help your building project with ADA codes… and a wealth of other considerations.)

If you would like to request this or other materials from the Oregon State Library please use your library's established interlibrary loan process (e.g. OCLC or ALA request form).  Otherwise, send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119. Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos). Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way. Normally a single copy is purchased and is loaned on a first-come-first-serve basis. You may be put on a hold list for several weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Katie

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>