[Libs-Or] EXTENDED DEADLINE OLA Quarterly Summer 2016 Issue - Call for submissions!

Pam msinfo at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 10:53:19 PDT 2016

Hello, all! Here is a less formal, more encouraging call for submissions for the Summer 2016 OLA Quarterly. We know everyone is busy with budget season, Summer Reading prep, every little and big thing it takes to run a library, getting ready to attend PLA/OLA... but we also know that there are awesome examples of our four themes out there that deserve to be shared.

Who is being collaborative, flexible and adaptable as community needs are changing? What about the library as a platform for learning and participation? Working toward achieving a sustainable funding base and finding success? We want to know! How are you or your library building community? What about proposing an article on the library as people, as place or as platform? Are you providing access to content in all formats? How?

We are extending the deadline for proposals to Friday, April 15 and we will respond quickly to authors. Finished articles will be due on June 15 - that's as long as eight weeks to get your library and it's projects, successes, ideas and dreams to us for publication! Please consider this opportunity to shout and share.

Hey, if you are going to PLA you can find out more about the Aspen Institute's work by attending “Rising to the Challenge: Re-Envisioning Public Libraries” in Action on Thursday, April 7, 2016, 4:00pm - 5:00pm. See http://www.libraryvision.org/pla_2016_conference .

Let's make the Summer 2016 OLAQ an energizing mix of stories - with your help and experiences we will!

Thanks much,

Pam North & Ann Roseberry

Here is the original announcement...

The Aspen Institute’s “Dialogue on Public Libraries” was created to help advance the work that public libraries are doing to address community challenges and to support the transformation of public libraries for the digital age. The Dialogue concludes that the long-term health of libraries is essential to the long-term health of the communities they serve and identified four strategic opportunities for action to guide the continuing transformation.

The Oregon Library Association Quarterly Summer 2016 issue will focus on those four main themes:

• ALIGNING LIBRARY SERVICES IN SUPPORT OF COMMUNITY GOALS
• PROVIDING ACCESS TO CONTENT IN ALL FORMATS
• ENSURING THE LONG-TERM SUSTAINABILITY OF PUBLIC LIBRARIES
• CULTIVATING LEADERSHIP

We welcome submissions that speak to any of these areas. Please send a brief summary (250 words or less) of your proposed article to pamnorth1 at gmail.com by April 15, 2016. Co-editors Pam North and Ann Roseberry will notify authors ASAP and finished articles will be due by June 15, 2016.

See instructions for authors here:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/author_instructions.html

For more information on The Aspen Institute’s work see:
http://csreports.aspeninstitute.org/Dialogue-on-Public-Libraries/2014/report/details/0090/Libraries
http://www.webjunction.org/news/webjunction/reenvisioning-action-guide.html

For more about the OLA Quarterly see:
http://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/

The OLAQ has global reach because it is indexed by Library Literature & Information Science and Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts. Full text of the OLAQ is also available through HW Wilson's Library Literature and Information Science Full Text and EBSCO Publishing's Library, Information Science and Technology Abstracts (LISTA) with Full Text. Authors retain the rights to their work, and past authors have gone on to have their articles published in magazines such as American Libraries.