[Libs-Or] Public Policy

Sami Pierson spierson at cclsd.org
Wed Mar 30 08:59:31 PDT 2016

We just recently went through this.  I was told by our police chief and
City Manager (former chief of police) that since OR is an open carry
state we can't ban weapons from coming in.  But if they take an action
with them, ie. take it out of the holster, then something can happen
(too late at that point in my opinion).  So in our code of conduct it is
stated  "Possessing a weapon, except as allowed by state law".

--
Sami

Samantha K. Pierson
Library Director