[Libs-Or] Fwd: [MARKETING] USCIS Message: Help Emma Learn Spanish

Cynthia Thiessen cthiessen at cityofsalem.net
Wed Mar 30 10:01:02 PDT 2016

Cynthia Thiessen
Senior Reference Librarian
Salem Public Library
585 Liberty St. SE
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 588-6184

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance;
and a people who mean to be their own governours,
must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

James Madison, over the Library of Congress

>>> "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services"
<uscis at public.govdelivery.com> 3/30/2016 8:32 AM >>>

¿Habla español? If yes, then we have some exciting news to share with
you! Here at USCIS, we’ve been training “Emma,” our computer-generated
virtual assistant, to speak Spanish so you can easily find what you need
on our Spanish website.
We officially launched Emma in English in December 2015, and many of
you helped make her smarter by asking her questions and providing
feedback. Now we’re getting ready to deliver the same innovative service
to our Spanish-speaking customers. But first, we need your help building
Emma’s knowledge-base in Spanish.

We’re looking for volunteers to take a few minutes to ask Emma
USCIS-related questions in Spanish. To start chatting with Emma:
Visit our Spanish preview site
( https://preview.uscis.gov/es) .
Click the “Haga una pregunta” link in the upper right corner.
Ask your questions using key words, phrases or full sentences in
Spanish.

Emma works on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device. If you
have any feedback or questions, just send us a note at
askemma at uscis.dhs.gov. When contacting the e-mail box, the more
information about your conversation, the better (including the questions
you asked that Emma did not fully answer).   However, please don’t send
questions about your personal situation or case to this mailbox;
instead, check your case status online
( https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do)  or call us at
800-375-5283.
Thanks for supporting Emma as she becomes bilingual!

Please do not reply to this message. Contact us at
Public.Engagement at uscis.dhs.gov or USCIS-IGAOutreach at uscis.dhs.gov with
any questions.

To learn more about the Public Engagement Division, visit us online at
uscis.gov/outreach
( http://www.uscis.gov/outreach) .

To update your RSVP, modify your password or email address, or to
unsubscribe at any time, visit your Subscriber Preferences Page
(
https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHSCISINVITE/subscriber/new?preferences=true)
.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services sending to
cthiessen at cityofsalem.net
20 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20529 · 1-800-375-5283