[Libs-Or] Management training

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:17:41 PDT 2016

Here are places that give good general management training.  I have found
that most of the training from these groups transfer very well to the
library experience.

I know you aren't part of the Special Districts Association of Oregon
(SDAO) but I know that they often will offer training programs to members
of other state associations.

You can look at SDAO trainings here, http://ow.ly/2vg4300bqjX.  The
upcoming programs are HR training.  They list training available through
other organizations, http://ow.ly/Z5GT300bqwg.

I was also thinking there are probably training programs offered through
your local Council of Governments, maybe that is Mid-Willamette Valley
Council of Governments, http://www.mwvcog.org/.

BOLI gives some good training,
http://www.oregon.gov/BOLI/TA/Pages/T_SEM_Taseminar.aspx.

The League of Oregon Cities always has good stuff, http://ow.ly/l4Js300bqXu.

City County Insurance also had good training programs,
http://learn.cisoregon.org/

--
*Diedre Conkling*

*Lincoln County Library DistrictP.O. Box 2027Newport, OR 97365Phone & Fax:
541-265-3066Work email**: **diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org*
<diedre at lincolncolibrarydist.org>
*Home email: **diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou