[Libs-Or] Books available

Rosemary, Columbia river rosebooks at gorge.net
Wed Nov 2 23:44:05 PDT 2016

These books are available to libraries in Oregon.  All are in good condition, a few are ex-libris.
Our Library is not on the statewide library courier system so I will mail them by USPS to your library, I appreciate it if you can send reimbursement for the postage.

Rosemary Ross    rosebooks at gorge.net
Volunteer Librarian
Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum Library
5000 discovery Dr.
The Dalles, OR 97058

All quiet on the Yamhill, the civil war in Oregon, a journal of Corporal Royal A Bensell. University of Oregon Books, 1959

Armagedon, oil and the Middle East crisis / John F. Walvoord.  Zondervan Pub., 1990

At dawn we slept, the untold story of Pearl Harbor / Gordon W Prange. Penguin Books, 1982

 Atlas of Oregon / William G, Loy.  U of Oregon Books, 1976

Barlow Road / Clackamas County Historical Society & Wasco County Historical Society.  6th ed. 1998.

Beyond the high Himalayas / William O Douglas. Doubleday, 1952

Big Indian Creek [Oregon], October 23-29, 1994 / Dave Hughes. Stackpole Books, 1996

Bowerman and the men of Oregon, the story of Oregon’s legendary coach and Nike’s cofounder / Kenny Moore. Rodale Books, 2006

Bowes and Church’s Food values of portions commonly used.  14th ed. Perennial Library, 1985

Bridge of the gods, a romance of Indian Oregon / Frederic Homer Balch. Binfords & Mort, 1965, ex-libris

Camera, Victorian eyewitnesses, a history of photography, 1826-1913 / Gus Macdonald. Viking Press, 1980

 Canoe and saddle / Theodore Winthrop. Nisqually ed. Binfords & Mort.  Original title: Klalam & Klickatat, ed. 1862

 Definitive journals of Lewis & Clark, from the Ohio and vermillion / ed. Gary E. Moulton. V. 2 of the Nebraska ed.  U. of Nebraska Press, 2002.

Discovering man’s past in the Americas / George E Stuart. National Geographic, 1969

Doctor in Oregon, a medical history / O. Larsell. Binfords & Mort for Oregon Historical Society, 1947

East of the Cascades / Phil F. Brogan.

Emperor of Ocean Park, a novel / Stephen L Carter. Knopf, 2002

Exploring the Himalaya / William O. Douglas. Random House, 1958  – ex-libris

Far corner, a personal view of the Pacific Northwest / Stewart H Holbrook. Ballantine Books, 1973

Favorite North American Indian legends / ed. By Philip Smith. Dover Children’s thrift classics. Dover, 1994

Foundations of American civilization, a history of colonial America / Max Savelle. H. Holt, 1942

>From Indians to Chicanos, the dynamics of Mexican-American culture / James Diego Vigil.  2nd ed. Waveland Press, 1998

Franklin D. Roosevelt, selected speeches, messages, press conferences & letters.  Rinehart, 1957

Gettysburg, the turning point in the struggle between north and south / Kevin J. Dougherty. Metro Books, 2013.

Go east young man, the early years, the autobiography of William O. Douglas. Delta Books, 1974, ex-libris

Gracias, a Latin American journal / Henri Nouwen. Orbis Books, 1993

Handbook to the Deschutes River canyon / James M. Quinn. 1st ed. Waldport, Educational Adventures, 1979

Head/Waters, a Left Bank Book. Hillsboro, Blue Heron Pub., 1994

History of photography, from 1839 to the present / Beaumont Newhall.  1957 revised & enlarged ed.  Museum of Modern Art, NY Graphic Society Books, 1982

Home book of party games / Jerome S. Meyer.  Circle Books, Blankiston Co., 1946

In the footsteps of Jesus, a chronicle of his life and the origins of Christianity / Jean-Pierre Isbouts. National Geographic, 2012

Joy of the gospel, evangelii gaudium / Pope Francis. Frederick, MD , Word Among Us Press, 2013

Kettle of fire, novel / H. L. Davis. W Morrow, 1959, ex-libris

Life of PI / Yann Martel. Harvest Books, 2003

Living a healthy life with chronic conditions / Kate Lorig, et al. 4th ed. Bull Pub. Co., 2012

Myths of Idaho Indians / Deward E Walker. University of Idaho Press, 1980

On the Oregon Trail / text J. Nicholas, photography, Ron Cronin.  Graphic Arts Center, Portland, 1992

One man’s gold rush, a Klondike album / Murray Morgan, photos / E.A. Hegg. U. of Washington Press, 1972

Oregon rediscovered / Joe Bianco.  Benedictine Press & JRB Pub. Co., 1994

Our mothers, war, American women at home and at the front during World War II / Emily Yellin. Free Press, 2004

Pacific Northwest Indian wars / Ray Hoard Glassley. Binforts & Mort, 1953

Peak, a novel / Roland Smith. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2007

Plains across, the overland emigrants and trans-Mississippi West, 1840-60 / John D. Unruh. U. of Illinois Press, 1982.

Prairie schooner detours / Irene D. Paden.  St. Louis, Patrice Press, 1990

Reporting the Pacific Northwest, an annotated bibliography of journalism history in Oregon & Washington, 2004

Rise and fall of the Third Reich, a history of Nazi Germany, William L, Shearer.  Simon & Schuster, 1960

Shoal of time, a history of the Hawaiian Islands / Gavan Daws. University of Hawaii Press, 1974

Small world of our own, authentic pioneer stories of the Pacific Northwest from the Old Settlers Contest of 1892 / Robert A. Bennett. Walla Walla, Pioneer Press, 1985

Smithsonian book of North American Indians, before the coming of the Europeans / Philip Kopper.  Smithsonian Books, 1st ed., 1986

Soft gold, the fur trade & cultural exchange on the Northwest coast of America / Thomas Vaughan. Oregon Historical Society, 1982, ex-libris

Soul travel, a roadway to healing / Eileen Curteis. Victoria BC, Hillside Printing, 2002

Stranger in town, a guide to taverns in Oregon and southwest Washington. Philip & Barbara Ree Thompson. Portland, Loki Books, 1983

Those were the good old days, a happy look at American advertising, 1880-1930 / Edgar R, Jones.  Fireside book, 1959

Tiger in the senate, a biography of Senator Wayne Morse / A. Robert Smith.  Doubleday, 1962

Timberline lodge, a love story / Judith Rose, ed. Friends of Timberline & Graphic Arts Center Pub., 1986, ex-libris

Truth about Santa, wormholes, robots, and what really happens on Christmas eve / Gregory Mone. Bloomsbury, 2009

Undaunted courage, Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson and the opening of the American West / Stephen E. Ambrose.  Touchstone book, 1997.

West of the Indus / William O Douglas. Doubleday, 1958

Warriors & chiefs of the old West, true tales of the Old West / Charles L. Convis. Pioneer Press, 1996

World is my home, a memoir / James A. Michener. Random House, 1992

Yellow Wolf, his own story / Lucullus V. McWhorter.  Caxton Press, 1991