[Libs-Or] Circulation workroom remodeling ideas

Leah Griffith leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov
Sat Nov 5 13:37:08 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

We're getting ready to remodel our circulation workroom and front desk areas after 30+ years.   And we're starting RFID at the library this year as well.    We'd like to visit libraries in the metro area or even the north coast (or the way to the coast) that have a circulation workroom that works well for them or at least has parts that they feel are successful and they'd like to share.

Our plan is to pretty much gut the existing area and we're looking at using free standing tables, especially the height adjustable kind (current staff ranges in height from 4' 11'' to about 5'9" so we have some ranges we'd like to accommodate) instead of building in counters and other cabinetry.

Let me know if you love your workroom and checkout/customer service area we'll come visit, maybe even with a treat!     Thanks in advance.

Leah