[Libs-Or] Webinar: Promising Practices for Implementing STEM in Public Libraries

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Thu Nov 10 08:47:25 PST 2016

Greetings!

Free webinar from STARnet! Wednesday, November 16, 12 noon PT.

Promising Practices for Implementing STEM in Public Libraries
Presented by Dr. Annette Shtivelband

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) provides a new and promising direction in public library education and programming. Yet, what do researchers suggest are promising practices for implementing STEM? What can we learn from the informal education landscape about offering such programs to youth? How can we develop and nurture STEM education and programs that can reach youth from all backgrounds? Join us for this exciting webinar that focuses on promising practices for implementing STEM in public libraries. Learn how you can build and strengthen your STEM program and apply lessons learned from implementing STEM.

Please visit http://www.starnetlibraries.org/event/promising-stem-practices/ to register.

Cheers,
Darci

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D23B2F.0EC4DCD0]<http://oregonedge.net/>
Ask me about the Edge Initiative!<http://oregonedge.net/>
Darci Hanning, MLIS * Technology Development Consultant
Library Support and Development Services * Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>