[Libs-Or] Last chance to sign up to get your resume/cover letter reviewed!

Meredith Farkas meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
Mon Nov 14 08:36:50 PST 2016

OLA Resume & Cover Letter Review Program is Open for Fall!  Sign up to be a
resume reviewer or resume seeker for Fall between now and November 15th!

What’s this program about?

   -

   The OLA Resume & Cover Letter Review Program, sponsored by the OLA
   Membership Committee,  is designed to provide guidance for OLA Members
   seeking positions within libraries and/or the information field.
   -

   Resume review is a short-term partnership focused on providing feedback
   to the OLA Member seeking review.
   -

   For those seeking a longer-term supportive relationship, the OLA
   Mentoring Program <http://www.olaweb.org/mentor-program> is open to all
   early-career library staff.

How will this program work?

   -

   Volunteer reviewers will evaluate the applicant’s resume and/or cover
   letter, then provide advice.
   -

   In addition, the reviewer can assess any possible experiences or skills
   that might make the applicant more marketable for a desired position or
   career path.
   -

   Resume reviewing will take place virtually in the Fall (although pairs
   are welcome to meet up if they wish!) and in-person at the OLA Annual
   Conference in the Spring.

Who should sign up?

   -

   Any and all emerging library and information professionals who might
   like a little bit of guidance on application materials are encouraged to
   sign up! An extra set of experienced eyes reviewing your materials might
   just make all the difference!
   -

   Any and all experienced library and information professionals,
   especially those who have recently (or often!) been involved in hiring
   decisions, interview panels, etc., and encouraged to sign up!

I’d like to help!  How do I sign up?

Here’s what we’re looking for in a NEW** volunteer resume reviewer:

Required:

   -

   OLA Membership;
   -

   Ability to provide feedback to the OLA Member seeking review;
   -

   Complete the Volunteer Form for Resume Reviewers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gXiXVBbb-05y3qTOM92MEmFPmJy2gsaCUMYG30zrqD0/viewform?usp=send_form>
   .

Preferred:

   -

   Recent experience on hiring and/or interview panels;
   -

   Currently in a position which often reviews candidate applications, such
   as a management position.

**If you have previously participated, you don’t need to complete the
Volunteer Form - we’ve got your info already!  Please do confirm that you’d
like to participate again by emailing Jenkins <jenkinsl at multcolib.org>
and/or Meredith <meredith.farkas at pcc.edu>.

I would love advice on my cover letter and resume!  How do I sign up?

Here is the eligibility criteria for those seeking review:

Required:

   -

   OLA membership;
   -

   Ability to receive feedback from the OLA Member providing review.
   -

   Complete the Form for Resume Review Seekers
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12XGFWajLmDyZsdgd5XRj6wM7Gw3YrM12Yx5y9iZG0nA/viewform?usp=send_form>

Preferred:

   -

   Emerging information professional;
   -

   Recent MLIS graduate or currently enrolled in MLIS program.

For additional details, visit http://www.olaweb.org/resume-review-program

What if I have questions? Problems?

You can use the Resume Review Program inquiry form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QdkZqa8xNNSlmi16uJqAbrsZAiJJ7RGp9eFxTHold7o/viewform?usp=send_form>
to contact Resume Review Program administrators.

Best,

Jenkins Lumpkin & Meredith Farkas
OLA Membership Committee​​

Meredith Farkas, Faculty Librarian
Portland Community College Library, Sylvania Campus
971-722-4966
meredith.farkas at pcc.edu
www.pcc.edu/library