[Libs-Or] Bed bugs and other uninvited guests?

Carol Dinges cdinges at ci.lebanon.or.us
Tue Oct 4 14:13:37 PDT 2016

Yesterday a chatty young patron announced to the circulation desk staff that they were "bombing" his house for bedbugs - and then cheerfully went on his way with the items he'd just checked out.  So while we're all very happy that his family is taking their new houseguests seriously, we're also cringing at the realization that those guests are likely to visit us, as well - naively assuming that they haven't already.

Our first thought was to put holds on the items the child had checked out, then carefully check them over when they come back.  However, one realist pointed out that once the materials are dropped in the return bins, everything else in there is likely to become infested, as well.

So what's everyone else doing about uninvited guests like these?

Cheers!
Carol

Carol Dinges
Director | Lebanon Public Library