[Libs-Or] Bankruptcy Data-Historical Statistics?

Tony tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:44:32 PDT 2016

A researcher has asked me to find data on Corporate Bankruptcies in the United States (not personal, corporate.)

There is a website (http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/bankruptcies) that shows the data back to the 80s, but the patron is looking for a free source (that goes back to the 50 and 60s.

According to the patron, uscourts.gov<http://uscourts.gov/> has pdf's by quarter, but it doesn't look like they've got the data compiled through time and it only goes back to the early 90s.  Any ideas on how to find this sort of data?

It doesn't sound like a firm date is needed, but is sounds like the last 40-50 years is what is being sought.

Tony Greiner, Portland Community College

Primo and Alma: Making WorldCat Local Look Good
**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**