[Libs-Or] Washington County Law Library celebrates 90 years!

Sue Ludington Sue_Ludington at co.washington.or.us
Fri Oct 14 11:47:13 PDT 2016

Hello friends,
The Washington County Law Library is proud to celebrate its 90th anniversary next Tuesday, October 18. On that day, the Board of Commissioners will issue a proclamation in honor of the event at its 10:00am public meeting. The meeting will be followed by an open house in the Law Library from 12:00-2:00pm with a light lunch reception (and cake!). Please see the attached flyer for details.

While we realize most of you won't be able to attend, we wanted to extend the invitation to our library colleagues; we'd certainly welcome your visit! We are so grateful for the support you have offered us over the years.

(A little piece of trivia: The first statute mandating county law library services was passed by the Oregon legislature in 1927; however the fine folks in Washington County were ahead of the curve and took action a year earlier by establishing a law library fund on July 3, 1926. Pretty cool to be part of such progressive history!)

Best,
Sue

Sue Ludington
Assistant Law Librarian