[Libs-Or] Call for interest in collaborative program proposal for OASL/OLA 2017

Elaine Hirsch elaineghirsch at lclark.edu
Thu Sep 1 13:49:35 PDT 2016

Dear School Librarian Colleagues,

I am wondering if there are school librarians who might be interested in
pulling together a program proposal with me for the OASL/OLA conference on
Sat. April 22 that discusses the OASL Information Literacy Standards
<http://www.olaweb.org/oasl-information-literacy-standards>.  I am curious
about the application of Oregon School Library Standards
<https://sites.google.com/site/oregonschoollibrarystandards/> and others IL
standards and what graduating high school seniors might have been exposed
to and expected to know as they head into community colleges and
universities.

I'm imagining this as a session with crossover interest to both school and
academic librarians.  The panel might also include an academic librarian or
two who works with first year college students and their experiences with
teaching and promoting information literacy with college freshmen. My hope
is that we can begin to brainstorm together about how school libraries and
academic libraries could better collaborate to improve the information
literacy of students in Oregon.

Please let me know if you might be interested in discussing this further.
No need to commit at this point, although proposals are due by Sept. 26.

Thanks,
Elaine  Hirsch
Associate Director
Watzek Library