[Libs-Or] Keynote Only Registration $30 and potential free student option for PNC/MLA 2016 conference!

Laura Zeigen zeigenl at ohsu.edu
Fri Sep 16 12:58:59 PDT 2016

Hello all,

We have created two new options to expand participation in our PNC/MLA 2016 conference: 1) Keynote Panel Only registration ($30) for those of you interested in just stopping by to hear and participate in the Q&A of our panel "Getting To Know Mary Jane: The Perils and Promise of Marijuana Policy and Practice" (10 a.m.-11:15 a.m., Monday, October 17) and free full conference admission for current students who submit an accepted Paper, Poster, or Lightning Talk Proposal (there are several times for papers, posters, and talks Monday, October 17 and Tuesday, October 18).

More information on each of these options below!

The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (PNC/MLA) 2016 conference<http://pnc-mla.cloverpad.org/annual2016> (being held Monday and Tuesday, October 17-18, 2016 in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon at Urban Studio) features a keynote panel (10 a.m.-11:15 a.m.) on the changes in Oregon and Washington around medical and recreational marijuana. If you have wondered what the individual and collective impact of these changing laws and health care practices will be, now is your chance to find out!

"Getting To Know Mary Jane: The Perils and Promise of Marijuana Policy and Practice" features Sunil Kumar Aggarwal, M.D., Ph.D., a physician-scientist specializing in life-threatening illness and chronic pain, and affiliated faculty at MultiCare Institute of Research and Innovation; Candice Beathard, Ph.D., M.A., a policy research analyst (specializing in drug policy) at Washington State University; and Nicole Corbin, LPC, Adult Behavioral Health Services Manager for the Oregon Health Authority.

*        What questions would you like to ask of a doctor who prescribes cannabis for treatment?

*        What questions do you have about marijuana policy?

*        What questions do you have related to addictions treatment and abuse and addiction prevention?

Email your questions to Sue Phelps, asphelps at wsu.edu<mailto:asphelps at wsu.edu> !

Interested in just the Keynote Panel on Monday, October 17? We now have a registration option for that! Go to http://pnc-mla.cloverpad.org/event-2301761, click on the "Register" link, and choose the Keynote Panel option ($30)! http://pnc-mla.cloverpad.org/event-2301761

Call for Papers/Posters/Lightning Talks:
PNC-MLA Conference October 17 and 18, 2016<http://pnc-mla.cloverpad.org/annual2016>

Student papers are encouraged and welcome. Student conference rate is $80, but current students who submit an accepted Paper, Poster or Lightning Talk Proposal will be offered free admission to the conference.

We invite proposals for paper presentations, posters/exhibits, and Lightning Talks. Contributed papers will follow a 15 minute presentation, 5 minute question format, to be presented on October 17th and 18th (exact time TBD). Posters will be presented October 17th in the late afternoon, and will be limited in size to 3' x 4'. Lightning Talks are brief, five minute presentations and are an excellent fit for project updates, technology or service ideas, and spirited or controversial questions for the profession.

Submissions should include a title, complete author and affiliation list, and an abstract of up to 500 words. Please indicate which author is presenting. Submissions deadline has been extended to  September 22nd, 2016.

Use this link for submissions. http://goo.gl/forms/V1sAeKW5JD8duHIA3

For more information regarding the conference,  explore our website: http://pnc-mla.cloverpad.org/annual2016

The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association (PNC/MLA) was established in October 1953 as a regional group, becoming an official chapter of MLA in October 1978. We are an organization of librarians and information professionals, promoting excellence in the delivery of health sciences information and committed to promoting professional excellence among health care information providers.

This conference, held this year in Portland Oregon, is an excellent opportunity for healthcare and consumer health librarians in our region to come together and share their recent projects, solutions and best practices. Librarians from all health sciences libraries, and all individuals interested in the creation, organization, and dissemination of health and health care information, are encouraged to participate in this welcoming conference.

Laura

Laura Zeigen, MA, MLIS, MPH, AHIP
Liaison Librarian | Assistant Professor
Oregon Health & Science University
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road - LIB
Portland, Oregon 97239
zeigenl at ohsu.edu<mailto:zeigenl at ohsu.edu>  | 503-494-0505

If it takes more than 20 minutes to find an answer, contact your librarian.

[ohsu_signline]<http://www.ohsu.edu/>