[Libs-Or] Science Hack Day Portland

Robin Champieux champieu at ohsu.edu
Tue Sep 27 17:23:23 PDT 2016

Hello,

The Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Library is partnering with OHSU graduate students and local open source programmers and scientists to put on Science Hack Day Portland<http://portland.sciencehackday.org/>! The goal of Science Hack Day is to catalyze innovation by bringing together people who are excited about making things with science.  Librarians, designers, students, engineers, programmers, scientists, artists, and science enthusiasts will come together with time, space, and tools to tackle seriously fun projects, share ideas, and build new interdisciplinary connections.

Science Hack Day PDX will be held on October 7-8 at the XOXO Outpost in NE Portland. Never hacked before? No worries! This event is open to all who are interested in sharing their experience, enthusiasm, and ideas to make things with science and technology! We invite all our local and regional library colleagues to check out our website and, if able and interested, form a team!

P.S.  Children are welcome to attend (though, you must be 18 to spend the night).  We’re planning to have a kid friendly station with hands-on projects for them to explore.

Please contact Robin Champieux, champieu at ohsu.edu, with any questions!

Kind regards,

Robin

Robin Champieux, MLIS