[Libs-Or] Fwd: Douglas County Libraries need our help right now

Erica Findley erica.findley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 07:58:32 PDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Erica Findley" <erica.findley at gmail.com>
Date: Sep 28, 2016 8:51 PM
Subject: Douglas County Libraries need our help right now
To: <libs-or-request at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>

All,

Recently the commissioners in Douglas County removed non-partisan and
factual information about upcoming ballot measure 10-145, which would
create a library district from the Library's website and social media page.
Voters have the right to be informed about elections and libraries in the
public trust need to be able to fill this role.

OLA has written a letter to the commissioners
<https://ola.memberclicks.net/ola---executive-board-communications-douglas-cty-ltr>
and EveryLibrary has started a petition
<http://action.everylibrary.org/douglascounty>. The story was even picked
up by Cory Doctorow on Boing Boing
<http://boingboing.net/2016/09/28/douglas-county-or-using-dirty.html>.

What the commissioners did was wrong and sets a dangerous precedent. Please
sign the petition <http://action.everylibrary.org/douglascounty> and let
your friends and neighbors know that Douglas County Libraries need our
help. The more signatures we get, the louder our voice will be.

Erica

--
Erica Findley, MLS
www.ericafindley.com