[Libs-Or] Fwd: FW: [announce] Call for Proposals – Primo Reference & Instruction Meeting 2017

Thompson, Sara Q thomsara at oregonstate.edu
Thu Apr 6 07:19:26 PDT 2017

Call for Proposals – Primo Reference & Instruction Meeting 2017

Ellensburg, WA – Brooks Library, Central Washington University

August 14, 2017

What is PRIM?

PRIM stands for the Primo Reference & Instruction Meeting.  It is a way for
reference and instruction librarians across the Alliance to meet to discuss
how the Primo/Alma Shared ILS affects our work. It is also an opportunity
for non-Alliance librarians to meet colleagues to learn more about Primo
and share their knowledge of Reference & Instruction.  We are expanding
this year's conference to include all aspects of reference and instruction
as well as conversations about Primo. Registration is limited.  There is no
cost for registration but we ask for $10.00 to help cover the cost of lunch.

Theme: Focus – Engagement - Literacy

We seek people who want to share their enthusiasm in working with students
through poster sessions, presentation, breakout sessions, panel
discussions, and/or interactive workshops which explore the contexts of
teaching, communicating, learning, collaborating, and conversing with
students both in class settings and in our work environments.  Our goal is
to increase awareness and encourage diversity of understanding across all
types of libraries, schools, and other library organizations through this
call for proposals.  Please note successful proposals have clear, engaging
takeaways and frequently are interactive.  Submissions for review due:
April 26, 2017.  For more information, please see:
http://libguides.lib.cwu.edu/c.php?g=618101&p=4301066

Types of Presentation include:

        • Presentation (20-minute presentation)
        • Panel (1 hour and 15 minutes presentation for three or more
presenters)
        • Poster Session (20 minutes)
 What to Include in your proposal:
1)      Title of presentation

2)      Presenter(s) complete name

3)      Email for primary contact

4)      Phone for primary contact

5)      Type of presentation
a.       Presentation (20-minute presentation)
b.      Panel (1 hour and 15 minutes presentation for three or more
presenters)

c.       Poster Session (45 minutes)

6)      Abstract (250 words or less)

7)      Presentation keywords:

8)      Who is your target audience

9)      30 word synopsis of your presentation for the program

10)   If you have special technological needs, please list them:

Tracks:

1.    Primo and training student employees for peer referral
2.    Student engagement
3.    Primo and information literacy
4.    Technology and Users

Possible proposal topics:

1.       Share how we go about re-engaging our students (rediscover
relevance in the literature we teach—past and present)
2.       Explore what we’ve accomplished within our communities and how we
can improve relationships
3.       Share and illustrate how relationships, expectations, and critical
thinking can translate into student engagement.
4.       Illustrate best practices that engage our students today, without
sacrificing how communication, writing, and thinking are encouraged
(traditional texts, nontraditional texts, digital texts, videos, music,
art, etc.)
5.       Use Primo for teaching and training student employees
6.       Technology user experience (get together for techies and reference)
7.       Engage controversial topics across disciplines that engage us
professionally to encourage critical evaluation and assessment of teaching
skills
Elizabeth Duell
Events Coordinator
Courier Assistant
Orbis Cascade Alliance
(541) 246-2470 Ext 200
eduell at orbiscascade.org

--
This list is an Announcement list only. No replies are allowed. If you have
questions, please contact eduell at orbiscascade.org
---
"Announce List" group.
email to announce+unsubscribe at orbiscascade.org.