[Libs-Or] Send Librarians to Congress!

Every Library everylibrary at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:57:57 PDT 2017

We're excited to be working on this initiative with Kyle Cassidy and
Hatchette to send librarians to every member of congress starting with the
senate! - For more information, click here - http://bit.ly/2oldslm

Federal funding for libraries would be eliminated in the proposed “Skinny
Budget” from President Trump. Many of our elected representatives are
unaware of the work that librarians do for millions of Americans every day.
We need to show Congress that librarians are providing critical services
for communities and teach Congress about the impact that librarians’ work
has in our big cities and small towns. Librarians come from all walks of
life, backgrounds, and society, but what they have in common is a passion
for learning, innovation, and making sure that knowledge is available, free
of charge, and accessible to everyone. Libraries are not just rooms filled
with books; they provide computers, cameras, kayaks and fishing equipment,
3D printers, recording studios, video games, and even neckties for people
who aren’t able to get access anywhere else. This is the message that
members of Congress need desperately to hear and you can help us give them
that message with this initiative!

*Tell congress about the work that librarians do in the United States by
helping us send each of them a copy of Kyle Cassidy’s book, This is What A
Librarian Looks Like by May 9th.*
*Full link*
action.everylibrary.org/send_librarians_to_congress