[Libs-Or] Preservation Week 2017

Kristen Kern kernk at pdx.edu
Thu Apr 27 16:31:03 PDT 2017

*Preservation Week 2017 has been full of wonderful free programming that
you will be able to access all year long. But it’s not over yet! Keep
engaging with us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/preservationweek/> (@preservationweek)
and Twitter <https://twitter.com/PreservationWk> (@PreservationWk) and
using #preswk.*

We’ve been thrilled to have Franklin Habit as our 2017 honorary chair
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/habit>. He’s been rallying for
us on Twitter and helping Preservation Week connect to a larger community
of people with a special passion for textiles.

With Franklin’s help we’ve added to our textile preservation tips with this
special series of Ask Donia posts
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/preservationweek/advice/habit>.

We’ve had two wonderful textile focus webinars that will support public
outreach as well as smaller institutions caring for textile collections. As
always these webinars are archived and freely available anytime, including
all handouts offered by the presenter.

   - Preservation Week: Caring for Your Textiles
   <http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar/042517>
   - Preservation Week: Care & Handling of Heritage Textile Collections
   <http://www.ala.org/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar/042617>

We have also had a wonderful opportunity to explore some peer focused
programming with Miriam Centeno and Ann Marie Willer. Our two Preservation
colleagues gave a fantastic presentation at Midwinter
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/events/mw/2017/symposium> titled Diversity and
Inclusion in Preservation, and agreed to reprise it as a special video for
Preservation Week. The video and an accompanying trailer can be found on
the ALCTS YouTube channel:

   - Trailer: https://youtu.be/H67h51vQXeM
   - Video: https://youtu.be/KpcCaBvFrr4

We are also thrilled that Miriam and Anne Marie have agreed to engage in
the topic further by hosting a Q&A on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1260559314064728/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22%5b%7B%5C%22surface%5C%22%3A%5C%22page%5C%22%2C%5C%22mechanism%5C%22%3A%5C%22page_upcoming_events_card%5C%22%2C%5C%22extra_data%5C%22%3A%5b%5d%7D%5d%22%2C%22has_source%22%3Atrue%7D>
Today,
Thursday April 27th, at 2PM EST.

On behalf of the PARS Preservation Outreach Committee
<http://www.ala.org/alcts/mgrps/pars/grps/ats-parwgpw> thanks to all for
making Preservation Week, 2017 a resounding success. Pass it on!

[image: _evergreen_PWlogo_color]

*Miriam Nelson*

*Head of Preservation, Ohio University Libraries*

Hwa-Wei Lee Library Annex /Southeast Ohio Regional Depository

205 Columbus Road, Athens, OH 45701

740.593.0715 <(740)%20593-0715>

--
Kristen Kern