[Libs-Or] free NNLM PNR webinar, "Calling BS in the Age of Big Data"

Carolyn M Martin martinc4 at uw.edu
Mon Aug 14 05:21:07 PDT 2017

Hi everyone!

We have a great webinar session coming up that we think many of you will find lively and informative.

Earlier in the year the new University of Washington course webpage, "Calling Bullshit"<http://callingbullshit.org/index.html>, went viral. Professors Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West, wanted a course that would teach students how to critically look at data and understand how it is manipulated.  Jevin will be focusing on the common pitfalls specifically around information visualization and examine the different ways that information can be misrepresented with figures and graphs at the next PNR Rendezvous, the monthly webinar series from your regional office of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Northwest Region (NNLM PNR).

Eligible for 1 Medical Library Association CE. This session will be recorded but we encourage you to attend the live session.
When: Wednesday, August 16, 1:00 - 2:00pm PT
How to Connect:

  *   Go to current PNR Rendezvous session <https://nih.webex.com/nih/k2/j.php?MTID=t53bf87c7af31bd53df42cefa79744254>
  *   Enter your name and email address
  *   Enter the session password: pacific
  *   Click "Join Now"
  *   Follow the instructions that appear on your screen
  *   Go to the PNR Rendezvous webpage<https://nnlm.gov/classes/pnr-rendezvous> for more complete instructions
Questions? Email nnlm at uw.edu<mailto:nnlm at uw.edu>
We hope you can join us!

Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP / Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Box 357155
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
206-221-3449
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>