[Libs-Or] National Network of Libraries of Medicine and All of Us Partnership
Carolyn M Martin
martinc4 at uw.edu
Mon Dec 4 13:03:31 PST 2017
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine Pacific Northwest Region (NNLM PNR) is pleased to announce a partnership between the NNLM and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) All of Us Research Program (All of Us), part of the Precision Medicine Initiative.
This partnership is a 3-year pilot program to support community engagement about All of Us and improve consumer access to high quality health information throughout the U.S., specifically by working with public libraries.
Activities in the pilot are designed:
* To increase the capacity of public library staff to improve health literacy.
* To equip public libraries with information about the All of Us Research Program to share with their local communities.
* To highlight public libraries as a technology resource the public can use to engage with the All of Us program, particularly those in underserved communities affected by the digital divide.
* To establish an online platform for education and training about All of Us and precision medicine, with resources for members of the public, health professionals, librarians and researchers.
* To help identify best practices in messaging and outreach that lead to increased public interest and engagement in the program.
Staff in the Regional Medical Library for the NNLM Pacific Northwest Region will work with libraries in Oregon to provide the information they need for their communities regarding the All of Us Research Program. More information is available at https://nnlm.gov/all-of-us
Carolyn Martin, MLS, AHIP / Consumer Health Coordinator
NNLM Pacific Northwest Region
University of Washington Health Sciences Library
Seattle, WA 98195-7155
martinc4 at uw.edu<mailto:martinc4 at uw.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or