[Libs-Or] FW: Next on AL Live: The Opioid Crisis

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Tue Dec 5 07:44:14 PST 2017

Free webinar on a timely topic!

From: American Libraries Live [mailto:americanlibraries at ala.org]

Having trouble viewing this e-mail? View as a web page<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MTc/index.html>.
Know someone who would like to attend? Forward this to your colleagues<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/ala-publishing/SendToFriend.asp?brandid=4634&email=arlene.weible@state.or.us&mfqid=37974421&mi=7171117&l=1&returnUrl=http://www.americanlibrariesmagazine.org%26brid=889>.
[ALA Store]<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MTg/index.html>

Free Webinar: <http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MTk/index.html> The Opioid Epidemic and Libraries<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MTk/index.html>

Monday, December 11, 2017
1 p.m. Eastern | 12 p.m. Central
11 a.m. Mountain | 10 a.m. Pacific

[Register now]<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MjA/index.html>

The opioid epidemic has sunk its teeth into communities all over the United States, and many libraries are finding themselves caught right in the middle. This crisis creates a variety of issues for librarians—we are faced with security questions, questions about treatment, questions about community resources, and even medical questions. It can be tough to know how to address these matters and where to begin.

[http://ala-publishing.informz.net/ala-publishing/data/images/AL/AL%20Live/naloxone.jpg]<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MjE/index.html>

On December 11, we will host a discussion with experts who can speak to the unique issues that come with our obligation to serve our communities in this time of crisis. They will provide insights and best practices and will also answer your questions and listen to your concerns.

Joining us for this episode are:

  *   Chera Kowalski, adult/teen librarian of the McPherson Square Library branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia
  *   Steve Albrecht, author of 15 books on business, workplace security, and criminal justice topics, Library Security: Better Communication, Safer <http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MjI/index.html> Facilities<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MjI/index.html> (ALA Editions, 2015)
  *   Cindy Grove, director of the Rockport (Mass.) Public Library

Tune in to this free 60-minute webcast at 1 p.m. Eastern on Monday, December 11. Don't miss out! Register today.<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2MjU/index.html>

[ALA Publishing Logo]<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT03MTcxMTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwODAwNjgxMzEmbGk9NDk4NzE2Mjc/index.html>
[http://ala-publishing.informz.net/clk/red6d.aspx?mi=7171117&u=1080068131&b=4634]