[Libs-Or] Call your Senators TODAY re: Net Neutrality

Buzzy Nielsen, OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Tue Dec 12 11:26:42 PST 2017

**Apologies for cross-posting**

Hi everyone,

I'm sure you've all heard about the impending elimination of the Net
Neutrality rules by the Federal Communications Commission. Senator Jack
Reed of Rhode Island has penned a letter in support of keeping these
important rules to help make sure there's a level playing field for all on
the Internet. Details are here:
https://www.reed.senate.gov/news/releases/reed-librarians-and-educators-warn-of-negative-impacts-for-ri-if-trump-admin-repeals-net-neutrality

If you have a chance today, please call our Senators to let them know that
you support robust Net Neutrality rules. It doesn't have to be long; just a
30-second statement of your support would do. You could do it during your
break!

Both Merkley and Wyden have already signed on to Senator Reed's letter, but
the show of support from constituents greatly helps them in their
discussions with colleagues. Here are their numbers.

   - Senator Merkley: 202-224-3753
   - Senator Wyden: 202-224-5244

Thank you so much for your support. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

--
OLA President, 2017-18
olapresident at olaweb.org
971-270-0527

*You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the
world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself! ~The
Doctor*