[Libs-Or] Dusting collection

Kathy Stroud kstroud at uoregon.edu
Tue Dec 19 15:17:00 PST 2017

I've never worked with a cleaning company to do something like this.  However, I have discussed dusting with people who work in a conservation lab.  I remember a few tips:

1) no chemicals on any dust cloth if you use a cloth

2) if you use a vacuum, place cheese cloth over the nozzle if there's a chance that parts of fragile pages will be sucked up

3) Vacuum/dust top and bottom by stroking away from the spine.

Hope that helps.

Kathy Stroud