[Libs-Or] books banned in Oregon state prisons?

Stephanie Lind stephaniel at wccls.org
Thu Dec 21 09:32:51 PST 2017

I'm not sure about an official list for prisons or jails, but do know that the following are prohibited in the Washington County jail library:

Hardbacks - can apparently be used as weapons
True crime, violent sex, graphic nudity, and certain character series: i.e. Hannibal Lecter and Lisbeth Salander

Stephanie Lind
Program Supervisor for Outreach & Youth Services
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
stephaniel at wccls.org<mailto:stephaniel at wccls.org> | 503-681-5090
wccls.org<http://www.wccls.org/>| Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/wccls/>|Twitter<https://twitter.com/wccls>