[Libs-Or] books banned in Oregon state prisons?

Ross Betzer rossbk at multcolib.org
Tue Dec 26 15:55:14 PST 2017

Hi Garrett,

It doesn't directly answer your question about policies for Oregon prison
libraries, but the American Library Association website includes a "Prisoners
Right to Read
<http://www.ala.org/advocacy/intfreedom/librarybill/interpretations/prisonersrightoread>"
interpretation of the Library Bill of Rights, as well as a "Prison Libraries
<http://libguides.ala.org/PrisonLibraries/Home>" LibGuide for librarians.

Let me know if there's any way that the OLA Intellectual Freedom Committee
<http://www.olaweb.org/if-home> can help with the research that you're
doing about books that are not allowed in Oregon prisons.

-Ross

Ross Betzer

Local Resource/Catalog Librarian - Multnomah County Library

Chair - Oregon Library Association Intellectual Freedom Committee
<http://www.olaweb.org/if-home>

ifc.chair at olaweb.org

503.988.5728 (Sun, Mon, Wed) / 503.988.5466 (Tue, Thu)

*Preferred pronouns: he/him*