[Libs-Or] Intern opportunity with Multnomah County Library. Deadline to apply, Fri. Feb. 10

Ginger (Susan) Corrigan susanco at multcolib.org
Fri Feb 3 16:22:31 PST 2017

We have an exciting intern opportunity available! Please share freely.

Learn about and support the successful Multnomah County Library (MCL) We
Speak Your Language Outreach program while developing your outreach skills
in the community.

We Speak Your Language (WSYL) staff in Multnomah County Library connect
immigrant and refugee communities to the information and resources they
need to be successful in the United States. We engage people of all ages
and cultural backgrounds with free opportunities and friendly guidance to
help them learn English, build job and technology skills, prepare for
citizenship and attain educational goals. Bilingual Chinese, Russian,
Spanish, Somali, and Vietnamese bilingual staff plans library programs and
outreach programs based on community needs in alignment with the Multnomah
County Library strategic priorities
<https://commons.multcolib.org/memo/multnomah-county-library-strategic-priorities-2016-2018>.
 WSYL Outreach brings the library to families where they are in the form of
presentations or classes, library information tables at community events,
storytimes, social media (Facebook, etc.), networking meetings, radio or
television appearances, etc.

Please go to the internship page of our website
<https://multcolib.org/jobs/internships-library> for more information and
application details. Deadline to apply is Friday, Feb. 10.

*Ginger (Susan) Corrigan, MLIS, IPMA-SCP*
*System-Wide Assistance Team (SWAT) Supervisor*
Multnomah County Library Human Resources
Phone: 503.988.5491

Library Human Resources Honor diversity | Champion learning | Embrace change