[Libs-Or] OLA SSD Annual Conference Announcement & Call for Presenters!

OLA SSD Conference Committee olassdconference at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:22:12 PST 2017

It’s that time you’ve been waiting for- the OLA SSD 2017 conference will be
Friday July 28th 2017 and we’re looking for YOU to present! This year we’re
excited to be heading to Eugene for the conference (our official venue
announcement is coming soon so stay tuned). Last year’s conference was our
best attended ever and based on your feedback we are sticking to last
year’s format. We’re looking for traditional style presenters and
interactive/panel presenters for 2017.

Here is our official call for presenters and panelists. Are you an expert
on one of these topics and would like to present about it? Or maybe this is
a project you and your colleagues have been working on and you want to
volunteer them to lead a discussion with you? Remember that presenters get
incentives like free registration, excellent experience (for resumes or
professional development), and bragging rights.

We’re looking for presenters/panelists who’d love to share their knowledge
on these topics:

-Fake news and how libraries can combat its spread

-Inclusivity

-Library security

-Serving vulnerable populations

-Change in libraries

-Diversity in libraries/literature

If you have a great idea that’s not listed here, just contact us (
olassdconference at gmail.com)! We’d love to talk to you about it and see if
it’s a good fit for this year.

If one of our sessions jumps out to you as something you’d feel confident
presenting about in either format, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at
olassdconference at gmail.com. Let us know which topic interests you, and if
you have questions about anything else conference related, we can answer
those too!

We hope you can join us in Tracktown for a Field Day with SSD!

Keep up with OLA SSD news and announcements- follow us on our blog(
http://ola-ssd.blogspot.com/),

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/olasupportstaffdivision)

and Twitter (https://twitter.com/ola_ssd).

Oregon Library Association Support Staff Division (OLA SSD)
2017 Conference Committee
olassdconference at gmail.com