[Libs-Or] Library Legislative Day briefing

Rachel Bridgewater rbridgewater at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:36:44 PST 2017

Colleagues,

If you are planning to come to the Oregon Library Legislative Day at the
capital next week or are thinking about it and are curious to learn more,
the OLA Legislative Committee has put together a brief "video" to help you
get ready.  Why is "video" in quote?  Well, a certain someone (me) failed
to record the video portion and we were left with only the audio.  I edited
the file to include some relevant still images while people are talking, or
you can just do what many of us do anyway and listen on your headphones
while you do something else!

This 15 minute video <https://youtu.be/kiTf66jXV-4> includes some great
info from Abigail Elder (co-chair of the Legislative Committee) about what
to expect from Legislative Day, a fun conversation with Senator Ginny
Burdick about how to talk with your legislators, and great information
about Ready to Read from Dawn Borgardt, Senior Youth Services Librarian at
Beaverton.

https://youtu.be/kiTf66jXV-4

We hope to see many of you at the Capital next Tuesday, February 21st for a
fun day advocating for our libraries!  For more information, visit the OLA
Legislative Committee's webpage about Legislative Day
<http://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=23&Itemid=137&year=2017&month=02&day=21&title=legislative-day&uid=2fa4c5d97086814313142b486d5c5c8b>
.

All the best,

Rachel