[Libs-Or] Seeking volunteers for the 2017 OLA Conference in Salem

Arlene Weible arlene.weible at state.or.us
Tue Feb 21 08:03:00 PST 2017

Are you planning to attend the 2017 OLA Conference?  Have you taken a look at the program and find you may have a bit of free time in your schedule? The OLA Conference Committee needs your help!

We are looking for volunteers to help with the tasks listed below on Wednesday thru Saturday (April 19-21, 2017) of the conference.

If you are interested in helping, please contact Arlene Weible, OLA Onsite Registration and Volunteer Coordinator, arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us> or 503-378-5020. Please indicate which task you are interested in helping with, and when you are available.

Volunteer Tasks at OLA Conference

*Staff Registration Desk - Volunteers will help pass out name badges, provide basic conference information and directions. This is a great way to meet fellow attendees and put some faces to those names you see on LIBS-OR! Shifts are generally about 1.5 hours long, starting at 7:15 am and ending in early evening. We'll get you oriented when you arrive!

*Technology Support - Volunteers should be familiar with MS Office products, especially PowerPoint. Tasks will include troubleshooting problems with LCD projectors, audio-visual equipment, wifi connectivity, and microphone malfunctions. A volunteer will be assigned to at least one presenter per session, depending on the number of volunteers available during the conference. Prior to the conference, volunteers and presenters may work together to assure technology needs for presentations are met ahead of time. The technology coordinator (Kevin Moore) will contact volunteers with assignments and duties in the month prior to the conference.

*Room Monitors/Directional - Direct attendees to session rooms; make head counts of assigned sessions; get assistance from conference team as needed for technical issues/room problems. Before and after sessions, direct attendees to different areas of conference center as needed.

*Other Duties as Assigned - We always need folks to help with small logistical tasks throughout the conference. If you would like to help but aren't sure you want to commit to the tasks above, let me know and we'll see what we can do to find a job for you!

Volunteering at the conference is a great way to network and meet new colleagues, as well as support OLA! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

Arlene Weible, MLS
Electronic Services Consultant
Oregon Federal Regional Depository Coordinator
Library Support and Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St NE
Salem OR, 97301
503-378-5020
arlene.weible at state.or.us<mailto:arlene.weible at state.or.us>
http://oregon.gov/osl/ld/
FOLLOW US: [facebookSmall.png] <https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>  [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>  [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>