[Libs-Or] Urban Librarians Unite Conference

Urban Librarians Unite urbanlibrariansunite at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 08:18:52 PST 2017

Hello Everyone!

Are you interested in what Urban Librarians are doing the the projects that
get them jazzed? Come to Urban Librarians Unite's 5th annual conference!
This year the theme is Dangerous Librarianship!

Friday, April 7, 2017 <http://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/>

9am – 5pm <http://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/>

Dr. S. Stevan Dweck Center for Contemporary Culture at Brooklyn Public
Library’s Central Library <http://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/>

10 Grand Army Plaza <http://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/>

Dangerous Librarianship – Librarians are innately radical. They believe in
free access to knowledge for any and all people. That is just DANGEROUS
THINKING and we do it all the time. This year’s conference promises to
focus on this librarianship on the edge. We will be looking at social
justice as a function of librarianship, ways that you can get out and be
more embedded in your community, new ways of managing, new concepts in
training. If you want to go to a mellow conference where you can skate
through the day for some easy CE credits THIS IS NOT THAT CONFERENCE. We
are looking for the librarians who can dance on the edge and fight for
their patrons.

The Urban Librarians Conference is the only library conference that focuses
on front-line librarians working in large urban centers. We focus on
practical, applied library science and really love to find new and upstart
speakers who have fresh ideas to share. See you there!

Registration opens on January 9, 2017
<http://www.urbanlibrariansconference.org/registration/>

Early Bird Tickets – $30 – available 1/9/2017 through 3/9/2017

Advance Tickets – $35 – available 3/10/2017 – 4/5/2017

Any questions please contact us at this email.