[Libs-Or] Donating Children's books

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Jan 6 10:35:38 PST 2017

Yesterday I emailed Oriole Inkster, the principal at Lookingglass Elementary, to ask if they were accepting book donations for the library and to ask if there was a way to specify monetary donations for the library. This is her response:

Yes, you can designate where you want your donation used. Yes, also, to the book donations. We are making a small cozy library in a room we were using for another purpose, but have cleared out because library is a priority. You may drop books off at the school, and you may also give money directly in the office rather in “Go Fund Me.” If anyone wishes to send funds directly to the school, our address is:

Lookingglass Elementary
7421 Lookingglass Rd
Roseburg, Oregon 97471

Here’s an article from The News-Review about the fire: http://www.nrtoday.com/news/public_safety/fires/fire-destroys-gymnasium-at-historic-lookingglass-elementary/article_e7cfdfec-68bd-54c6-9dc7-9ee6048c47fb.html.

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
Library Support and Development Services
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011